Toby asked if we could make a banana cake today, so in order for me to be able to have some (!) we made this beaut of a vegan banana and chocolate loaf, based on a BBC Good Food recipe.
Vegan Banana and Chocolate Loaf: Ingredients
3 bananas (the older the better!)
75g vegetable oil
100g brown sugar
225g plain flour
3tsp baking powder
50g vegan chocolate chips/chopped up vegan chocolate
Vegan Banana and Chocolate Loaf Ingredients: Method
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees/180 fan/gas mark 6, and grease a loaf tin
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl
- Mix the sugar and oil in with the banana, then add the flour, baking powder, and dairy free chocolate and combine
- Put the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 20 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes, until a skewer/sharp knife put into the centre comes out clean
- Leave to cool, then slice and enjoy!
I’m going to try this recipe as individual muffins, and also with alternatives to the chocolate, such as blueberries – nom!
I’d love to hear if you try this recipe, and if you post about it on social media then tag me @buddingsmiles so that I can see it! If you have any tasty vegan recipes to share then let me know those too. You can comment below, or say hello over on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.