Back in May I wrote a bit of a bucket list – My Top 10 Things To Do Before 30 – which pretty much does what it says on the tin! With 2016 just around the corner, I’m almost half way through the timescale from when I wrote the post to when I will turn 30 next September and I thought it would be nice to see how I’m getting on.
- Eat at a Michelin Star restaurant. Big tick! For my 29th birthday Phil took me for the most incredible meal at a Michelin Star restaurant fairly close to where we live. Thankfully, Baby Fish took the evening off of making me sick and I was able to fully indulge in the amazing food.
- Visit at least one of the following places: Vienna, Budapest, Iceland, Venice, Edinburgh, the South of France, Berlin or New York. Now, when I wrote the post I wasn’t pregnant, so I’m not fancying my chances of making this one a reality, but I won’t give up just yet!
- Have our wedding photo album made. Instead of an album, Phil recently printed some large copies of our favourite wedding shots as well as a canvas, so I’m taking that as a tick.
- Ride a horse. Can I add that to a new ’10 things before 40′ post? They just scare me and I don’t know who I’d go to to try it out.
- Go on a photography course. Well, I attended the photography workshop at Blogfest, so not a total win on doing an actual course, but better than nothing!
- See Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Jerry Lee Lewis, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, David Bowie or the Beatles… Yeah…. Not likely!
- Take Toby to a wildlife park. We went to the zoo for Toby’s first birthday and will be going to more in the new year because he still loves animals so much.
- Have a ride in a hot air balloon. Gosh, I really wasn’t expecting that we were going to fall pregnant, was I?!
- Run a half marathon. I fell pregnant within a couple of weeks of completing my 10km run for Alzheimer’s Society, however I am seriously hoping to do a half marathon next October. Yes, it’ll be after my birthday but I think 6 months to train after having a baby is optimistic anyway!
- Write an article for a magazine/e-zine. I was interviewed for Women’s Running magazine, but I’ve not written for one yet. I have had posts on Huffington Post but realistically it’s not going to lead to anything so I’ve got to start pitching some articles to editors in order to make this one happen.
I did contemplate putting ‘Have another baby’ on there at the time, but we’d been trying for a few months to no avail and I didn’t want to tempt fate or whatever. I may not have ticked many off – and am unlikely to do so – but the ones that won’t be done are mostly because we’re having our second baby and she is so, so much more valuable and important than rock gigs or hot air balloon rides!