With Toby having just turned one, I’ve been reflecting upon the first year of his life and how far we’ve come as a family. It’s not been an easy year, but Phil and I absolutely love our family and I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we’re looking forward to what Toby’s second year of life brings. Here are my top ten hopes for the coming year.
- I would love for us to go on at least one UK and one foreign holiday. Travelling is really important to Phil and I, we’ve already been to Sherwood Pines, Bluestone Wales and Tenerife since Toby’s birth and now that he’s old enough to do a bit more we would love to go to some new places.
- That Toby will learn to walk! Obviously, the chances are that he will be walking in the next few months at the most but I think he’ll absolutely love the freedom of walking because he’s starting to hate being in his pushchair for too long.
- This is probably a pointless wish but… For Toby to start sleeping through the night! The night wakings are really taking their toll a year down the line and I’d love for him to be sleeping through before we have another baby.
- I really want to get back into rock climbing. Phil and I used to go all the time but it’s been probably 2 years now since we last went because of the wedding and then falling pregnant. I’d love to go again, both indoors and out.
- I would like a hobby. I’ve got my blog, but I’d like something away from the computer. Suggestions welcome!
- Phil and I to have a night or two away. Mum, if you’re reading, would you like a couple of days with your Grandson?! We obviously knew that having a baby would mean less time just for us and we’re so lucky that my wonderful Mum has Toby most weeks overnight so we get Thursdays for date night and I’m absolutely not complaining at all, but a couple of days somewhere away from home would be lovely.
- To double my blog readership. It’s a big task and one that I might not have a chance in hell of achieving, but I think that my upcoming redesign will help and I’m getting more confident and better with my time management so hopefully I’ll see some improvements.
- Along the writing lines again and also from My Top 10… Things To Do Before 30, I would love to have an article commissioned by a well-known magazine. I have an interview with Women’s Running magazine coming out in their next edition but I’d love to write an article and need to get pitching.
- *Whispers very quietly* Maybe, just maybe, possibly it might be quite nice to fall pregnant again, but sssshhhh, no tempting fate!
- My biggest hope for the coming year is that Toby, Phil and I, as well as our family and friends, are happy and healthy. So much has happened to people I love that simply shouldn’t happen and it makes me so grateful to be blessed with a healthy baby, a happy marriage and wonderful people in my life.
I loved being pregnant
Hubby and wife date nights rock!
What are your hopes for the next year? Any hobby ideas for me? Let me know in the comments below or get in touch on Facebook or Twitter.